Monday 28 July 2008

Pranayam – Possible Relief from Asthma - RC Upadhyay

During the years 1995 to 2000 I was in Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya in East Africa. Sometime in 1997 I had developed breathing problem accompanied by phlegm.

The doctors prescribed some tablets which gave me temporary relief, but the problem recurred every three months. On returning to India, Pune, the problem was diagnosed as Asthma. Lot of tablets, capsules and inhalers but no cure was in sight.

One day a young architect lady friend who had done a ten day course on Pranayam told me that she would recommend that I also should do it. I had no faith in such courses. A week after that she met me and said, “Uncle I have paid your fees and the course will begin from 10th of the month at Vaikunth Mehta Institute from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.”

I completed the course. We were advised that it is not important to learn the technique but it is vital that we practiced at home daily without fail. I continued the breathing exercise as taught and I was pleasantly surprised that the need for medication reduced considerably. After about a year or so I could give up all the medicines and till to day I have not found need for them.

I am not suggesting that it may work with everybody but there is no harm in trying.

--- R.C.Upadhyay

We have just received this article from Mr R C Upaddyay and I am sure members will find it interesting and useful. Your comments are welcome - Editor

No comments: